Mickey Thompson Baja claw ttc

Tom1809

Hi chaps

Been looking at tyre choices tonight or should I say lack off, and stumbled across these, they are a little pricey @ £223.80 for 315/75/16 but defiantly look the part. I was wondering if anyone has had some experience with these before and what they are like off road and on the road? I don't want to buy just going on the looks alone.

Thanks fellas

Tom

Thanks western but from my understanding there is two Baja claw ttc. The radial one is the 54 inch tyre that most compare to boggers and then there the ones I'm looking at availble from d44, but I can't find any reviews on them. I may drop d44 a call and see what they have to say

i just bought some... they are really good on road compared to my simex not quite as good as my old mtr wranglers but not bad at all... off road they wont be as good as a simex but ill let you know on the 5th of feb. i have had quite a few tyres now so have some good comparisons

I used the mudzilla in the past (a cheaper clone of the mickey thompson), bought to compete in Ladoga trophy. They were brilliant. They had half the noise of a simex, and were unbeatable in the swamps. On the forest tracks they were not as good as a simex or a bogger, but I would say 80-90% as good. They are only half as course as a bogger or a simex, but the V-shape makes them selfclean better than any tyre I have ever seen. Only problem with this is they dont selfclean in reverse. But overall, a very good tyre.

Daan

I've used the Baja Competition Claw on my Defender, similar profile and could be considered the predecessor of the TTC. They were decent on road and I loved them offroad, though not as agressive and efficient in mud as a Bogger, they did better on mixed terrain and gravelhills.

Also used the traditional Baja Claw on and offroad, to make them work you need to drop the pressure and the biasply is noisy. The radial isn't nearly as loud and offers good comfort and mileage on the road, I'd rate them at least as good as the BFG MTs.