Discovery can't get in

Discoverynath

Have you ever had a key that worked in the door, or just locked/unlocked by fob?

It is normal that the ignition key will work the doors, but if it has had a new barrel they won't match, and not allow you to unlock the vehicle.

Do you have a spare set of keys.... with a mystery key that doesn't appear to do anything...?

Try some releasing oil in through the keyhole, could be just gunked up from lack of use. Failing that, join the AA making sure to get homestart, wait a day then give them a call. A Disco should take them about thirty seconds to get into for you. ;-)

if u have a 7 pin towing socket with live in pin3(not all are so) insert something in pin 3 as to be able to put a charger on there...if not jack up the front and try to reach the live wire on the alternator then connect the charger there... in about 1 hour u must have enough juice to make the central locking work, unless i's a jump starter type and u'll get in right away.

I presume the reason that the fob has stopped working is due to the dead vehicle battery and not any other reason? If so then I've had the same problem. There is a way to open the bonnet from outside the vehicle, once open, charge up the battery and the fob should be able to open the central locking once again.

Harry

Sorry just seen your Q. On my 300tdi i took a very strong bit of wire and bent the end into a hook. Feed through the top slat in the grill and pull the cable towards you, once it's close enough you can reach it with your fingers. If you pull the outer cover hard enough then it will pop it open.