Is there an easy way to do this

agent nomad

Hi

I am trying to increase the boost pressure on my 200TDi but it is fitted with a 300TDi induction kit the rod that needs shortening is behind the turbo and under the inlet plenum chamber.

Is there an easy answer to doing this as i can get a short spanner to undo the lock nut and turn that but cannot grip the rod enough to turn the rod please help...

Here is a drawing of the set up

http://i243.photobuc...08/TDiturbo.jpg

TDiturbo.jpg

post-34598-0-83513700-1328951795_thumb.jpg

Would removing the actuator make it easier to free it up? I have a 300 tdi and when I swapped the turbo recently I had to swap the actuator over however the turbo was obviously off the engine at the time so I'm not sure what on car access is like to the securing bolts.

The pictures show the rod well and below is my efforts today

Well after loads of fiddling etc

The circlip was removed or maybe it was missing as I cannot find it on the floor so I slackened the lock nut off and pushed the rod off the pinand it springs backwards towards the bulkhead and you cannot pull it back onto the pin solution latter. Removed the actuator retaining nuts and removed the actuator cleaned the threads greased and refitted the actuator refitted the end bit, now how to reconnect the rod and the wastegate pin as there is now a 20mm short fall in distance between the two now on mine there is a pipe that goes from the actuator to the inlet which is the source of the pressure to operate the actuator and tee’d into this is a pipe for the dash mounted boost gauge so the pipe to the turbo inlet pipe was removed from the tee piece and a bicycle pump attached and pumped to push the actuator arm out and therefore allowing the rod to be reconnected. You need to make sure that it is piped up to the actuator to work. I also found a clip to replace the circlip.

I now have 1.0bar boost at the turbo discharge but as I have a large [full width intercooler] I am going to reposition the boost gauge tapping point to the inlet plenum to reflect the true inlet pressure.

Injection pump diaphragm adjusted to show a small amount of black smoke under full throttle and therefore full boost.

Anything else I can do to improve the performance/efficiency without spending loads of money.

Where did you get the boost controller from and is it dash mounted and how does it interact with the fuel pump etc.