NAS lights - new kinds

Right, I know this is a perennial topic, and I didn't want to wake sleeping dogs/open old wounds. Just wondered if anyone had experience /opinions of the new Wipac LED units eg http://www.mm-4x4.com/led-wipac-nas-indicator-light---each-3767-p.asp or the new LUX BoltonBits units http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6-RDX-LUX-LED-REAR-NAS-Lights-Easyfit-Plinths-Relay-90-110-Defender-1994-onward-/390388952061?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5ae4feabfd

I'm not over enamoured with the appearance of some of these, but,aesthetic considerations aside, I like the fact they are sealed against the mud onslaught, particularly at the back in that strange cavity where mud gets caught. Till now, apart from the original Boltonbits ones which to me have a slightly odd appearance (too modern), the Perei and Rubbolite LED units seemed much more expensive. As my rear lights are all fading and get condensation/spiders etc insideI I wondered whether to take the LED plunge at least at the back.

Nigel

Friend of mine had the original Bolt on Bits NAS LED's they did nothing but leak, in the end after returning them several times he got them to swap them out for the Wipac ones. They have really impressed me and am considering some for myself, I would not have brought the old ones but the new ones are a completely different kettle of fish. I know that they had lots of issues with the old ones hence their new ones, but I haven't seen them in action.

Jason.

Friend of mine had the original Bolt on Bits NAS LED's they did nothing but leak, in the end after returning them several times he got them to swap them out for the Wipac ones. They have really impressed me and am considering some for myself, I would not have brought the old ones but the new ones are a completely different kettle of fish. I know that they had lots of issues with the old ones hence their new ones, but I haven't seen them in action.

Jason.

Jason are the new Boltonbits ones actually Wipac do you know? Nigel

Not sure, but I don't think so. I believe they found a new supplier hence your link but they also sell the Wipac ones, as above I have not seen the new ones, but the Wipac ones are really great quality and even include a cover for the screws so they look smart.

Jason.

Any tips on where to find these? Nigel

Try here - various LED Perei ones on this page: http://www.dun-bri.c...unctions/page_1

That's where I got mine from over 3 years ago, not cheap, but excellent quality and no problems with water ingress unlike bulb NAS lights. No problems with MOT man either. I have LED stop/tail and indicator at rear, and bulbed NAS at front. You will need load resistors for the indicators.

Any tips on where to find these? Nigel

We get from our local commercial vehicle parts supplier. We use alot so get a good discount. let me now what you want ie stop . stop-tail . indicator .fog . reverse and will get a quote for you if you want

Cheeper than Dunbri Eectrical for sure

Pretty sure the Bolt on Bits ones are Wipac.

Wipac was once a good name for lighting, but now appears to be no more than cheap tat.

Perei units are in a totally different league. If you want quality finish and quality construction (and reliability) buy Perei.

We get from our local commercial vehicle parts supplier. We use alot so get a good discount. let me now what you want ie stop . stop-tail . indicator .fog . reverse and will get a quote for you if you want

Cheeper than Dunbri Eectrical for sure

fozsug, thats a very kind offer,been away over the weekend so sorry only just replying now. Expect A PM sometime. Nigel