Launching MegaTune

stuck

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, feel free to move it.

Like many people I have an in car PC with a touch screen built in to a Mud Console, PC starts up when the engine is running but is there any way of getting Mega Tune to start up automatically?

I.T. Chap at work give me a DOS command to type in but it doesn't work.

PC is running XP.

Thanks,

Mick.

Was the dos command you tried a batch file? - find the path and filename of the megatune executable, copy and paste it in to notepad, then save the notepad file, changing the extension to .bat, then drop that in to start up.

Does megatune rely on JRE or similar? could cause issues trying to start as soon as windows has loaded?

I have a shortcut to Megatune on the desktop which is simply created by navigating to C:\Program Files\Megasquirt\Mega Tune 2.25\ (Installation folder may vary)

Right click "megatune.exe" and keep the right mouse button pressed. Drag it to a visible piece of desktop with the right mouse button still depressed... (If no desktop visible, resize the window before trying this operation)

Release the mouse button while over a vacant piece of desktop and one of the menu options to appear is "Create Shortcut here" Left mouse click on that option.

Close the Mega Tune window.

Now click Start, then Programs then when you see "Startup" in the listing, double click it with left mouse button. It should open the Startup folder. Make sure you can see the new "megatune.exe" short-cut just created. If not.. arrange things / resize the open startup window until you can.

Right click the megatune shortcut on the desktop and while still holding the right mouse button, drag it to the startup window.

Release the mouse button and choose "Create shortcut here" option from the menu that appears.

Close the window and restart the PC.

Worked for me although I did have to choose the software option when the program launched.

Also tried Tunerstudio and it launched straight into the program and loaded the last / current .msq file as well.

See how you get on...

Neil

Depending how your PC is setup i've had problems using the startup folder as it runs the program every time you log in not just on the computers start up, which can be what you want or not what you want.

Other ways to do it are to call it from a batch file or easier than that you can use task scheduler to run the program at start up.