Rear Wiper Motor..

My rear wiper stopped working today so I have taken off the door panel to get at the motor. There are two plugs onto the motor a three pin and a two pin. Does anyone know what each plug does. There appears to be power going to the motor and I can hear a noise in the motor and the lower section gets hot.

Knowing this I took the motor off the door and when I turned in over water came out of the motor section. So I am assuming the motor is knackered. Would you agree???

Does anyone have a diagram for the wiring to the rear motor?? Any yes I have checked the fuses etc.

Shotrock

No, the magnets should not fall out, but they are only held in with glue to hold them in place during assembly of the motor so the fact that they have come loose does not necessarily mean the motor is knackered.

So long as there isn't excessive corrosion in the motor then you can probably get it working again once it's been dried out. One thing to look out for is that the shaft which goes through the back door can seize up. Re-assembly with lashings of grease should help to keep the water out in future.

Nick.

Water comes in down the wiper shaft and runs through the gearbox, drops down through the motor and collects in the bottom bearing on the motor. It's a great design - not. It needs some sort of drain. I spent ages playing with one then gave up and replaced it. Good thing is they all seem to to be the same, even the latest. I think it's a good idea to use it regularly to dry it out.