3.75:1 diffs??

discomikey

does anyone know where i can get a pair. the 3.54:1 diffs and 235/85 tyres mean that setting off uphill with a trailer can make even Brian struggle a bit. the cruising at speed, however is unbeatable for a series.

im guessing they were in some sort of rover car rather than a land rover but someone on here might know at least what they came from.

its a shame i do so much towing really as its a toss up between very quiet motorway miles and setting off with a trailer on.

:S

could you not have a second set of rims and tyres for when you want to do towing?

swapping between 205r16 and 7.50r16 tyres used to make a massive difference on mine, and that was with the 2.25d

or you could shift into low range only for pulling away on a hill, though if you have freewheel hubs that mean a massive torque going only to the rear axle.

and if you don't have them, you could end up winding the transmission up a bit

I know the mg diffs are different but thought the cwp's were the same? I am not saying I'm right by any means! They're probably made of cheese the same as 4.7 series cwp's in any case. Personally I'd buy the Ashcroft ones, at least they're not 30 years old and pitted/worn out. I currently have Kam 3.8's, they are an excellent ratio for multi tasking on a Land Rover

Cheers Inge. Brian's wearing 3.54s now which are a bit high. Although I've realised today that my injectors might need a service which may be half the problem. Wen I slacked off the injector pipes the first 2 cylinders didn't make as much of a miss as the last 2. As my engine was sat for a few months after the crash then started to have light use. I think my injectors might have just been gunked up due to the amount of overfuelling. I'll try sticking some redex in the tank and tugging as much as possible about at full bore for about 10 miles and see if it gets any better. This can make a difference as it did with our mf 135.