Pomerania XXXIII

finnarne

header.jpg

"The Bee Team" is traveling to Poland on april 25. 2012 to participate in the 33rd Pomerania

Rally website: http://www.njz.pl/njz.ang/index.html

The car is almost a stock Discovery, from 1990, with a 200Tdi engine.

It's a bit modified, with Detroit Locker in the rear axle, TrueTrack in front, front mounted winch (I guess from the car was new), and a rear winch mounted in a tray, wich will fit on tankguard, instead of the removable tow hitch.

We have a webpage of uur project here: http://teambien.no/en/

This is our second trip to the Pomerania Rally

Last year, we went together with 4 other cars from southern part of Norway, two of them was D90, the other was some japanese stuff.

We're driving all the way down with the car, and hopefully back as well.

This year, it looks like we're the only car from Norway, I know some of you were in Poland in october last year, not sure if you will be there this year ?

Some pictures fgrom last year: http://cm.bzz.no/dis...1/31stPomerania

This year we managed to get some local sponsors, one of the contributed a set of stock new 32 inch tires. We're leaving home on Wednesday april 25th, heading for Sweden and down to Ystad. The Ferry leaves late wednesday night, and we will arrive in Poland early thursday morning. I guess most of Thursday, we will be using most of the day on wednesday to look through stuff in the car.

Then it's driging in ~48 hours, driving on Notes. On sunday morning the score cards is handed in, and we have som time before leaving for home again. The final destination is at the local LR dealer here in souther part of Norway, where the local LR Club is haveing a meeting on Monday at 19. We should be there by approx 1830 :)

There is also a goal to get home that night, be if we manage to get to the dealer, we should manage to get back hom the last 50 km as well. I guess we've driven ~2500 km during this short week.

This year we're trying to use tracking from greenalp.com. You can track us using the track-page on the tracking page at teambien.no

How the car looked like last Tuesday

1334785985_0.jpg

The page is from our Blog where we will try to update during preparation and on the way home

It's a fun event, I imagine it'll be quite a bit more pleasant now than in October when it's freezing (oh the memories...).

It's a bit too close to Ladoga for us, but we're probably going back in October this year.

What class are you going to drive?

This year we will try the Tourist class. Especially since we're driving on our own, with neither a support veichle to tow us home, nor Any other drivers from Norway. That's why the 32 inch tyres is a perfect match. :)

Last year we had borrowed some old 33 inch tires..

The wheel arches was modified as we drove :)