expedition anyone interested?

jamesdeval

hi there am a totally new to the forum. so hello to everyone.

my name is james de val and i'm in the very very early stages of planning an expedition. the ultimate plan is to travel right across the world. using the most land mass. through europe and russia across the baring straight and down through canada and the states to south america then by sea to northern africa. then back through europe.

now please bear with me i have never done an expedition of this length or any other for that matter. i think with the right team and the right amount of enthusiasm it can be done. if anyone is interested in taking part or has any advice. the aim is to leave some point next year. obviously alot of research and planning has to be done. so if you fancy abit of an adventure then drop me an email jamesdeval@yahoo.co.uk

thanks

my name is james de val and i'm in the very very early stages of planning an expedition. the ultimate plan is to travel right across the world. using the most land mass. through europe and russia across the baring straight and down through canada and the states to south america then by sea to northern africa. then back through europe.

I know it's in French.. but here is a site of a family who toured round the World with their D110 tdi

http://fabrice.dupuis.free.fr/Trajet95_98.htm

now please bear with me i have never done an expedition of this length or any other for that matter. i think with the right team and the right amount of enthusiasm it can be done. if anyone is interested in taking part or has any advice. the aim is to leave some point next year. obviously alot of research and planning has to be done. so if you fancy abit of an adventure then drop me an email jamesdeval@yahoo.co.uk

thanks

That sounds quite similar to our adventure which we are planning, though we kept the team members within the family and close friends, because it was safest!

We are taking our route through south Asia as opposed to Russia, I recommend 2 websites above all for getting a grip of the route and timings you are planning on taking, the metoffice and the Forign and Commonwealth office. Both of these sites offer invaluable information on where you can go and when, and with a little estimation on how long it will take you to drive, you will be able to put together a good route. Get the route sorted pretty early, as you may need it for a carnet, obtainable from the RAC

A lot of information is also avaliable from the Royal Geographic Society, namely the Expedition Advisory Centre.

Hope this helps, and I am not trying to teach you to suck eggs, I am planning a very similar trip due to leave in January.

Nick