defender mid crossmember,

hello all :)

im trying to reinstall the mid cross member but as the old one dropped out i dont have a any idea on which way round it goes :blush:

option 1:

the recessed bit on the off side.

post-30771-0-41962300-1339518370_thumb.jpg

and the tub bracket like so.

post-30771-0-09864600-1339518425_thumb.jpg

or option 2:

the recessed bit on the near side

post-30771-0-70018400-1339518535_thumb.jpg

and the tub bracket like so.

post-30771-0-08500800-1339518610_thumb.jpg

so option 1 or 2 :blink:

thanks.

recessed area goes to offside [vehicles right] jso the slope lowest point is facing forward, to allow the fuel line to pass under the body rib, just checked my 110 which is a 1989 vehicle,

bloody marvelous!!! thanks Ralph :i-m_so_happy: :i-m_so_happy:

yours an F reg too then?

I think the flat face of the brackets also need to face forwards, as they bolt to the rear face of the heel board

and yes, you are quite right! my mistake.

cheers guys. :) :)

my heelboard brackets are shortest face level with rear vertical face of cross member, see photo's below

1st is left hand side, 2nd is right hand side.

must refit the bolts & fix the holes in mine or buy a YRM galvanised cross member.

post-20-0-00661400-1339523822_thumb.jpg

post-20-0-21802700-1339524430_thumb.jpg

must refit the bolts & fix the holes in mine or buy a YRM galvanised cross member.

cheers for the pictures, i can just see where the fuel lines go aswell.

go for it! only 12 bolts (8 in your case) and its out, slide new one in bolts back in, jobs a good'en. only thing i have against the yrm mid cross member is that it looks mass produced.. :unsure: and by the looks of it, you need one of these. but you have to drill the holes.

i would show you a picture of my c pillars, but it may give you nightmares! :hysterical:

mines a G Oct '89 reg but 1990 model year, just before the 200tdi came in for Defender.

so yours is a 2.5td? with 10 splines?

cheers for the pictures, i can just see where the fuel lines go aswell.

go for it! only 12 bolts (8 in your case) and its out, slide new one in bolts back in, jobs a good'en. only thing i have against the yrm mid cross member is that it looks mass produced.. :unsure: and by the looks of it, you need one of these. but you have to drill the holes.

i would show you a picture of my c pillars, but it may give you nightmares! :hysterical:

so yours is a 2.5td? with 10 splines?

Yes, or it was a TD on 10 spline diffs originally when I bought it back in 1993, fitted a new factory 200tdi kit over easter '94 & it still pulls very well.