Welder power cable modification

ejparrott

Can you get a 16a (round blue) plug on a panel or bulkhead fixing? I've just replaced the integral earth cable on my welder with one on a dinze plug/socket, I'd like to take out the integral power cable now, putting in a panel plug so that I can use the standard 16a extension lead. We've got a couple of 5-pin 3-phase ones at work, just wondered if they did them in single phase 16a, I've not found anything yet, but I could be searching under the wrong thing!

Cheers

well it is and it isn't....nearly bought some doorbell alarm batteries from them recently, until I found out it was going to cost me a tenner, they have a £5 handling fee for all orders under £45, or at least they did a month or two back.

oops..sorry! you'll prefer it I can tell you! The only unfortunate thing about MIG is that you can't sensibly remove the torch every time you use it. But at least 'soon' I'll be able to manhandle the welder out of the garage and on to the drive, and then go back and get the leads seperately, instead of them getting tangled round my bike, the hi lift, Holly's bike, the engine stand, the crane......all whilest holing the weight of the welder!