Rear window rattle fix

Hello

I am going over my 90 fixing some of the little bits that I have never got round to doing and this included fixing the rear sliding window rattles.

Does anyone know if the felt channel is available and who might sell some. I use the windows so can't just seal them up to fix the problem.

Thanks

I used one of the ones from here http://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/c-290-single-track.aspx

I think it was this one http://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/p-1649-window-channel.aspx

It is possible to replace the felt without removing the glass, but it takes a lot of wiggling and poking to get it to slide around the channel.

Yep, frames have to be removed to remove glass which means drilling out all the rivets holding the frame to the bodywork and once removed you have to then attempting to undo the screws that hold the two halves of the frame together.

You can however replace the track carefully without removing the glass, dig all the old rubbish out then slide the new track in ( you will have to remove the window lock) . It requires a lot of sliding back and forth of the window to encourage the track to go around but it does work.

I have done both methods (ie glass and frame out method and the leave it all in and wiggle it about method) and I'd do the wiggle method if I have the choice. The reason I did the window out method as well as the wiggle method is one side had a broken window so had to come out anyway, so I did one of each and the wiggle was quicker.