lambda sensor

taz90

hi need a bit of advice

took the 90 for a paddle yesterday and got it a bit damp.

the ms worked very well with only a few probs. i think ive cooked the lambda sensor.

if i disconnect the sensor and blank it off do i need to link it out.

also when it came out of hole it nearly died but it soon picked up

is this the engine temp dropping causing it to try and die.

the 90 is offroad only now.

i also got some water in the petrol tank ive got a race tank from my old truck

which i will use inside but i need a high pressure external pump what do you recommend

many thanks terry

Could be the temperature sensor causing it to over fuel but I would confirm that with the laptop before I started altering things.

Mines mounted in the cab near the rearview mirror to try avoid this. Not strictly correct but seems to basically work.

It could also be dodgy leads, bad plugs, dodgy coil packs, the water in the fuel, a small amount of water getting into the air intake etc

so long as the exhaust is sealed you can tune by sticking a stand alone wide band up the pipe, I have a narrow band in the system but i've never actually used it, I used my wide band to tune it and the narrow band is just a somewhat expensive bung now :blush: . Although less expensive than leaving the wide band in :D

If i was doing it again I would fit the boss in the exhaust for the wide band but wire the megasquirt so that i can plug the output of my wide band in, tune it then take it out and blank everything off. To keep my pretty wideband safe :wub:

Interesting.

The problem with my exhaust is that despite being an inline 4-cylinder, it has two manifolds that end up like an over-and-under shotgun until you get to the rear silencer (there's a heat exchanger first) - could I weld the bung into just one of the pipes or would that be a bit pointless?

I seem to remember reading somewhere that if you had this type of problem, you should weld bungs in to both pipes and then move the lamdba sensor around during alternate runs.

Or I'm sure a electronics wizard can come up with a system to average out 2 lambda sensors or MS-II can run dual lambdas