Tyres which ones?

If this doesnt open up a can of worms i dont know what will!

I have a 300tdi 90 and im looking for a good (GOOD!) set of tyes that i can use:

1 on the motor way

2 off road without getting stuck in 6 inch's of mud

3 dont become to loud over 60/70ish

4 in the past i have found that the high end tyres dont last long

i.e. pirrelli's i had for a hatch back only lasted 9 months due to the soft compound but they did grip like a gorrilas fist!

The tax man has just given me a rebate so its all going on the landy before she finds something to spend it on!!

I've found General grabber AT2's to be a good all round tyre,and not too expensive.

I'm currently running Cooper Discoverer STT's on my 110,it's too early to give a decision on longevity,but in all other areas I have no complaints.Though I find them slightly noisier than AT2's.Only to be expected as they are a slightly more agressive tread patern.

Either general grabber at or cooper atr

currently have both and both are equally as good

Had the coopers 4 years and they are finally getting to needing replacing

General Grabber AT2's 3 years and still plenty of life left

General Grabber AT 6 months and id say they are slightly better as the old AT2

I got 90,000 and 110,000 (staggering but true) for the front and rear pairs on my late wife’s 300 Tdi 90. From Michelin M&S 235 / 70 -16 I replaced them with a set of Pirelli STs because they came out top for braking in an LRO test – they lasted about a week!

And I got 70,000 from a set of Goodrich commercials 235 / 85 -16s on my 110 300 Tdi CSW (they didn’t look very ‘Kool’ and were not ‘Mudders’ )

I don’t mean to Hi Jack this thread but as an aside – I’d be interested to hear any recommendations for a 110 Pick-up tyre ( I say 110 Pick-up because of the negligible contribution made by the rear brakes) I want to Go in the Snow and stop in the rain

I've found General grabber AT2's to be a good all round tyre,and not too expensive.

I'm currently running Cooper Discoverer STT's on my 110,it's too early to give a decision on longevity,but in all other areas I have no complaints.Though I find them slightly noisier than AT2's.Only to be expected as they are a slightly more agressive tread patern.

+1