Witch challenge to participaid

Hey ALL ,

My name is Dave and i'm from Belgium.

Sorry for my written English.

I'm reading this site/forum for a wile now and have a question in compiting in a challenge

I drive a Defender 90 TD5 with following spec :

- front winch 8274 with BOW 1 motor

- rear winch 9.5 T-max

- ARB locker front and rear

- Ashcroft cv's and shafts

- Koni +2" / OME +2" suspension setup( dislocating )

- Safety Dev rolcage

- Simex Jungle trekke 2 34 "X 16 on terrafirma DAKAR wheels

I have participaiding in the TAT 2009 / 2010 and some smal local events in Belgium until now.

Now i want the participaid in some UK events. Witch event is something to start with ? and what are the specifications please ?

Bear i mind that i wil drive my LR to the event and back home so now extrem classes or events , bumps and scares are no problem

Friends of me have done the Santa challenge and Ultimate challenge few years ago........

So i'm thinking about something like that .

Thanks

Kind reagards ,

Dave

post-33292-0-94868400-1346420310_thumb.jpg

post-33292-0-07341200-1346420336_thumb.jpg

Yes, I remember now it being mentioned as okay. It suprised me as it went against the grass roots concept?

Here's the rules for LRS, which show 36" tyres, so I was guessing wrong there. (UK Landy only clubs are 33" and a load of other extra rules)

9. TECHNICAL REGULATIONS

All vehicles must comply with the current MSA technical regulations and must have four wheels, all driven, and pass scrutineering before starting the event.

The maximum vehicle width shall be 2000mm (78 ¾ inches).

The maximum tyre diameter shall be 915mm (36 inches).

Portal axels, four wheel steering and/or duplicate drive wheels are not allowed.

All competitors must comply with P55.1.9.

The use of winch sails and gloves is compulsory.

Crash helmets are to be used if a solid roof is not fitted. The helmet must comply with K10.1.

Competitors in ALL classes must use a ground sheet when working/repairing vehicles and carry a small spill kit complying with J5.20.13. (P57.5.3.)

Personal Protective Equipment is highly recommended.

The use of wire (metal) winch cable is prohibited. ONLY synthetic rope is allowed on any fitted winch on the competition vehicle.

The main thing is the MSA rules. They insure the bulk of events, so if you comply with those you should be ready to race.