lights on 90

morning all,.

my brother has encounterd a problem with his main beam lights they have all of a sudden stopped working?

side lights work fine, rear tail and stop lights fine, high beam fine,

changed the indicator stalk, still nothing, changed the main light switch, still nothing, checked the bulbs, there fine,

checked the repays... there fine.

any advice anyone? he doing harvest hours. going leaving work at 6am and getting midnight, so driving home in the darks a promblem.

regards

sam

which lights ?

because in your first line you say main beam & then in 2nd line you say high beam are fine, these are the same thing = the high beam for driving when no other traffic is present,

Do you mean dip beam is not working = the normal headlight selection [when the blue waring light on dash warning light panel is off]

suggest checking/testing or replacing the fuses for dip beam as these are seperate to the main beam have a look at the headlight bulbs, maybe both dip filaments have blown so therefore won't work.

like i done all checks on bulbs, changed indiator stalk and light on off switch,

i checked the relay was ticking.. it sounded okay, but i want to change it to be sure..

some was has suggested about the solinoid in the front wing?

regards

sam

I think someone has suggested the 'solenoid' but actually mean the dim dip resistor, if the 90 is a 300tdi, that shouldn't stop the lights from working,it only reduces the power to the dip bean part of the headlight bulbs,

you haven't told us what year/model/engine of the subject vehicle, we can't guess

Hi Chap,

I have had problems with the fuses being a poor contact and not very tight on the fuses and ended up with intermittent on/off and dimming.

Tried cleaning up and tweaking the fuses but eventually put in relays for switching the lights.

Hope this helps.

G :)