Boot floor piece where can I get one ??

andy2986

Hi,

Am rebuilding the rear of my Disco, wish I hadn't started to be honest. However does any one know where I can get the rear most boot floor piece that has the white plastic bobbins on that hold the rear boot trim/finisher ???

I can try and download a picture if it helps??

Andy

Is that not part of the rear cross member -albeit probably without the little raised brackets and white plastic bits you refer to - probably need to salvage what you can off the old one.

Steve

Ahhhh yes. we haven't actually cut out the floor yet, been to busy rebuilding the in rear sides and wheel arches...

file-1.jpg

Its the bit with the white plastic things on Im after ??

I've tried for bloody weeks to find that bit! Nobody seems to make it. I wa stold that it was a "failrly simple bit " of bent sheet!!!!!

If you do locate someone who makes it......

I just did the rear floor on one of mine and came across exactly the same problem as you... Rather than replacing the wheel arch cutout sections too, I just bought some profile steel sections and replaced the sill that the center floor hangs on. I bought 4 pieces of replacment section, the sides and top bit, with the final piece I hammered the "z" profile flattening it out, it then allowed me to fill in that gap.

From what I could find no-one makes a purpose fit piece as when you look at the bit in full, its actually quite a funny shape extending into the outermost corners of the rear floor.

Its not actually part of the rear crossmember as I've got a spare one of those here for reference - its kind of like an intermediate piece of steel.

Mav

Thanks, but thats about the best bit !!

The rear inner wings, rear arches and strangely the rear door lower pillars where the striker plate mounts were all rotten. along with the rear body mounts...

I hold my hands up and admit I bought a lemon here !! but there you go. from the rear arches onwards its absolutely mint.

Something I find rather disturbing but quite facinating is that disco 1 body's seem to rot in rather local and random places... there doesn;t seem to be a "common" failing point - other than "the whole body"

Keep at it though, its a good feeling to be able to hit a pot hole at 50 and be comfortable you;re not going to leave part of your truck behind... :)

A few pictures of mine http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=76483&st=0

Thanks, but thats about the best bit !!

The rear inner wings, rear arches and strangely the rear door lower pillars where the striker plate mounts were all rotten. along with the rear body mounts...

I hold my hands up and admit I bought a lemon here !! but there you go. from the rear arches onwards its absolutely mint.

Nahhh, I bought one like that knowing what it was like! Wife reckons all I need are the kinky boots, whip and a years subscription to the local S&M club!

Trouble is I'm beginning to think she may just have a valid point....

FOUND ONE !!!!!!

So if you buy your crossmember from YRM they sell it as part of their kit, but he has them for sale separately as well. You have to drill out the top hat sections but thats better than fabbing the whole piece

http://www.yrmlandrover.com/epages/BT3575.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/BT3575/Products/029

Andy

I've replaced my cross member in the summer (YRM kit) and gave up with the plastic tophats and went for allen bolts screwed into rivits in the U channel. Seems to work ok for me though did need to source some pretty long machine screws.

• 3 weeks later...