Petrol pressure washers

BogMonster

I'm toying with the idea of a petrol pressure washer to replace my electric Karcher which is a few years old and gets regular use.

I'm looking at these as a decent flow rate / pressure / price tradeoff:-

http://www.genpoweru...er_EPW3000.html

but I have no idea about Loncin engines. The next model up is available with both Loncin and Honda and the Honda carries a £200 premium, too much for what I want, though I like Honda engines.

Any comments on Loncin reliability? It seems to be Chinese made but comes with a 2 year warranty which suggests some confidence from the supplier.

It's not going to be used daily, probably only an hour a week tops, I just want something with more ooomph than your average 1kw electric pressure washer - double the pressure and double the flow sounds about right :)

Thoughts please? Budget is £300 ish (because the freight will add a fair bit) any suggestions for similar spec items would be welcome. I'd prefer one with wheels and a turbo nozzle, and it needs at least an 8m hose.

I got one of these; so that I could take it to P&P sites, park at the side of the lake and wash it off. Got it from one of those 'catalogue return' places for £150 but it had never been out the box so i'm not sure why they had them.

http://www.raygrahams.com/products/110638-pro-user-55hp-petrol-pressure-washer-ppw55.aspx?gclid=CKvvjqXyjLMCFYXLtAodSWUAIw

Wasn't expecting the world from it but its pretty good. The only problem with it is the engine. Its a chinese copy of a 5.5hp honda. Now i've used those hondas on hired wacker plates etc and they always start first pull with no choke regardless of age or weather. My pressure washer on the other hand needs just the right choke and throttle then if it hasn't been used for a while good 20+ pulls. Then you have to nurse the choke to keep it running. If you pull the trigger before the engine is settled the shock just stalls it. Coupled with that the recoil is made from very low quality plastic parts and the little fly out bits sometimes jam out and you have to strip it to get them back in. Once it's running and up to temperature its fine, I can't fault it.

My advice, if you're always going to be where there is electricity spend the same budget on an electric one, no servicing, just plug in and go.

If you need a petrol and can afford it get the honda engine.

Loncin make engines for Honda, Toro, Allett and other reputable lawnmower brands. They also make the engines used in the BMW G650GS and Husqvarna trail bikes, so absolutely no worries engine wise. Unlike other Chinese engines you should also be able to get spares.

Not all Honda clone engines are made by Loncin, some are actually Chinese copies. a genuine Loncin is just as well built as a Honda.

I bought one of these:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Karcher-G410-Petrol-Pressure-Washer/dp/B003G4HJ38 from Amazon.

It was reduced at the time and I'm pretty impressed with it. The pressure is good though not as high as my electric. It will self prime (which is more than can be said for most) from a can or stream/pond.

Being a known brand of washer and engine, spares availability should be OK.

It's much lighter than my electric one (also Karcher) and gives me compatibility with the accessories I have.

Si

Cynic-Al your Honda clone is running lean, a common problem with all makes due to poxy emmissions regs. Honda's and their clones can normally be improved by screwing the air screw IN about a quarter turn (the opposite way to most) if it's not tamper proof. Otherwise remove the main jet and gently polish it out with a snug fitting wire, I use an old set of electric guitar strings for this job.

Thanks all. I'm relatively comfortable with the Loncin option from what has been said above. If it was daily or commercial use I'd get a Honda without a doubt (got a Honda engined Flymo and it starts first or second pull after sitting in the shed all winter, and have used Honda generators on the farm which are the same) but this is only an occasional need - however being able to use it away from power might be useful to me.

I figure if the supplier offers a better warranty than they do on the Honda version, they can't get too many issues with them, so I think I'll order one after another quick look around.