strange noises from front axle help????

hi guys having some trouble with my front axle, its beenmaking knocking/snaping nioses out of what i thought was the drives side when turning and then started doing it in a straight line so automatically thought cv joint

so took it all to bits today and found the bearings fine,

half shaft fine so scratched my head a little then thought it could be the other side,

so back together and then took the other side off and same all seemed fine??????? I

'm no expert so kind of stuck now, only other thing it could be is the diff but theres no whining or any thing also when i turn the steering it seems like its getting stuck and wants to pull out my hand pretty strange and all seems to point to a cv but they are fine any help would be appreciated thanks

Check your steering damper - maybe that's decided to give up the ghost.

But knocking... a stone trapped in the brake mud shield? I wouldn't have thought steering box, but as it's steering related its worth a look see (but I wouldn't pull anything there apart at this point).

Another option is the axle end of the panhard rod. Sometimes the hole through the axle bracket becomes elongated. This leads to the steering becoming vague, knocking noises and the steering wheel lurching.

The easiest solution is to weld a washer to the outside of the hole to restrain the movement.

Si

Another option is the axle end of the panhard rod. Sometimes the hole through the axle bracket becomes elongated. This leads to the steering becoming vague, knocking noises and the steering wheel lurching.

The easiest solution is to weld a washer to the outside of the hole to restrain the movement.

Si

thanks for this info think this might be one of the problems gonna strip it down tommorow thanks

checked this out today seems some one has already done this so no probs there all bushs are fine as well really stumped now :(

hi, may be a long shot but i had a problem with knocking on the front 8 miles from home rac ect, turned out that the studs inside holding the brake discs on had come loose and catch on the hubs dd