TC ABS & Hill Decent lights on?

elmscroft

Hi All,

TC ABS & Hill Decent lights on. These came on last night on our 2001 Discovery 2 with 56000 miles and sent the wife into a moment of blind panic. Is this the "three amigos"? It is has only been used for road use. On reading some posts, one need a fault reader. Is there a method of seeing/finding the cause without one? Any pointers as to the cause would be welcomed, along with any reccomendations to rectify the problem. They just popped up whlie driving along, with no apparent adverse effects. Is it still ok to drive, while sorting the problem out? Also what is the ABS mod, some refer to?

Many Thanks in Advance

Mike

the best and easyest is to read the fault code cos that will lead you directly to the problem...untill then read these if you want to know more:(when they say T4 u can think to nanocom or hawkeye too)

1. http://www.landrover...arning_lamp.pdf

2. http://www.landrover...bleshooting.pdf

3. http://www.landrover...bleshooting.pdf

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

Finally got the Discovery code read and it pointed fault to rear left wheel sensor. Reset lights and all was ok for about 3 miles, then back on again. Have stripped it down to get the sensor out, there is some light scoring on the end, took photo but cant seem to add it here.The teeth on the ring all seem in tact, but greasy. The "o" ring is in place and in good order. If this set the "air gap" why the scoring. Now movement can be felt in wheel bearing, prior to stripping, but at 56,000 mile I wouldn't think so. Is wheel sensor the route to go? any recommendations of suppliers?

Thanks

Mike

How good are the brake discs? (Measure the thickness)

If they're worn, change them anyway first (never a waste of time having good brakes!) and see how you get on. This fixed mine last month and it hasn't come back yet.

(My Fault code read as both rear sensors, intermittent fault)

Dave

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

Update on my issue as I've only just got it rectified. Here goes, had a guy come over and used his snap-on diagnostic gear to identify the problem, rear left wheel sensor. Used Total Parts for an OEM (Wabco) replacement, lights re-set all done for less than £65.

Thanks for all the advice.