New 110 defender

sharpy

Hi all,

Been a while since I posted a problem, but hey I'm back!

About two months ago I sold my 90 and bought a 110, bit newer but still old, she's on a H plate.

Were having some electrical problems which I know will just be a short or something wrong behind the dash? Symptoms are

Temp gauge reads around 120 degrees with lights, heater, radio, wipers, etc. on and varies in time with my indicators, not to worried about this but the thing I'm struggling to sort is the heating?

I thought that the heating worked on cables that pulled the unit on or off? Can anyone tell me different? Sometimes I have heat and next time I restart I have none?

Paul

might need a new 88 degree thermostat if you not getting any heat, also check the control cable seetings using my info in

defender heater checks good to see you back too.

electrical wise, on the engine side of bulkhead inboard of the clutch master cylinder there is a bunch of earth wires under a big screw, remove & clean & refit & smear some vaseline over the screw & terminals once all are refitted.

Thanks both

I know from the old truck I'm due some problems after two months?? I've just had no time, just thought a quick post someone would give me the solution to a warm truck (LOL) I've just had no time to give it a proper work over and get it how I want it, I've now in this one got a sun roof (that now leaks) and doors that p#ss water in, so a day or two needed just getting it right.

6 years now been doing the landy thing...........you only get 7 for murder, would I change anything???? BLOODY HELL.... NO!

Looking forward to more winter mornings, defrosting inside and outside and cold drives, I'm sure the heating will kick in around summer time?

have you checked you have the correct water temperature sensor ? it must be the right one for the truck not the engine (which i found out hahahahaha ) . with the heater it sounds like a air lock the way i got around this was disconnect one of the pipes of the matrix , fill the matrix with fluid through the pipe , reconnect pipe and for me that was problem solved , nice and warm now . also remove the plug on top of the rad and fill from there then top up the bottle if need be .

Well I got my heating back, which is good. But I may have uncovered another problem???? it was lack of water in the system that caused my non heating, in total I put about 7 litres in to get it topped up??? My fault for not checking on a more regular basis I Know, but there has been no evidence of a leak anywhere. I know its been bad weather recently so leaks may have been overlooked? but i haven't used the truck that much and when i have the ground underneath has been dry?? so tomorrow i'm going to empty the system again as there wont be a lot of coolant in there now, re-fill anti put some Radweld in to try and stop the problem, can anyone suggest where water would disappear to if its not on the floor??

Paul