Drum to Disk Brakes, hub only swap.

Quick question asked by a friend who is interested potentially in my rear discovery axles from a 1993 200tdi when I come to break it in replacement of his 1993 200tdi 110 rear axle which has drum brakes

Alas though the casing on my rear axle is rather shot but the hubs are in very good order. So the question is will my hubs from the stub axle be able to swap straight over or does it require a change of the whole casing to facilitate this update from Drum to Disk brakes?

Many thanks in advance.

Ryck

Grem and I have both modified Salisbury axles to discs, and both used a similar method. I used Discovery rear callipers, but that was the only transferable part and is less than ideal for his braking balance. Sorry, but there are no parts that will be of use.

Many thanks for your replies guys, That's good to bottom that out as a non starter now than when things are all in bits.

Can I ask, how did you upgrade to Discs on your Salisbury rear axle, what parts are needed/is it a cost effective upgrade?

Best Wishes

Ryck

Can I ask, how did you upgrade to Discs on your Salisbury rear axle, what parts are needed/is it a cost effective upgrade?

Best Wishes

Ryck

all you need to know in http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=11685&hl=%2Bsalisbury+%2Brear+%2Bdisc+%2Bbrakes V8 Freak bought this axle for his now sold V8110, will be doing this conversion to my rear drum Salisbury sometime this year, using 110 front hubs & 110 rear calipers, the 2 caliper to axle brackets I bought new years ago.