Kipor generators any good

ibexman

I have been a customer of the firm selling these near me , not for generator (yet) , when have spoken to them they have moved to selling theKipor as they were getting too much hassle with returns on some of the others and thats over a couple or years or so . I came to conclusion that these were a "best bang for a buck" . Its not always necessary to pay the inflated prices of the big name brands . JMHO

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kipor-IG2000-Pure-sinewave-petrol-generator-Free-fly-lead-/221175047017?pt=UK_BOI_Industrial_Tools_Generators_ET&hash=item337f0f6369

usual disclaimers , no financial or other interest in seller

HTSH

I tried to get one about 3 years ago and the UK distributor could not get them and sold me a Hyundai diesel instead, which has been fine though I have only got about 100 hrs on it in 3 years.

The advice I got since is make sure whatever you get has an AVR. The cheaper non AVR generators disagree with electronic kit. Most of them use common made-in-China bits with different control gear - for example all the cheapy 4.5kw diesels whatever make use the same 418cc single cyl diesel engine.

None of them compare in any way to a Honda though, they make the best portable generators by far. You get what you pay for!