Land Rover 90 respray costs

jameshub

i'm close to finishing the pref work, sanding every panel flat, filling holes etc etc......

the plan was to do the paint job myself but having never done it before i really dont want to ruin all my hard work + i would only be able to do the work using a roller rather than spary job, which is what i would prefer.

anyone recommend someone who does a good job or any idea's on a rough cost to get it done, considering all painwork prepared?

thanks

There are good resprays; there are cheap resprays; there are look-good-for-six-months-then-peel-off resprays.

There are, to be brutally honest, no cheap resprays that look good after five years.

A proper body-shop will look over your 'preparation' with a cynical and hawk-like eye - then probably want to re-do most of it !

They will probably expect you to sign some sort of 'disclaimer' against any reaction between their paint and the paint already on the car: after all, they don't know if their paint is going to react and blister horribly with the third-layer-down applied-with-a-broom emulsion-NATO-green, do they?

Similarly, they should expect you to present the car with all trim/glass/lights/locks removed so they can do a proper masking-job.

For a Land-Rover-sized vehicle I'd be expecting to pay at least £500 in materials. Plus a couple of days labour. And time in the low-bake oven.

Say £1500 minimum.

Plus VAT.

--Tanuki.

There are good resprays; there are cheap resprays; there are look-good-for-six-months-then-peel-off resprays.

There are, to be brutally honest, no cheap resprays that look good after five years.

A proper body-shop will look over your 'preparation' with a cynical and hawk-like eye - then probably want to re-do most of it !

They will probably expect you to sign some sort of 'disclaimer' against any reaction between their paint and the paint already on the car: after all, they don't know if their paint is going to react and blister horribly with the third-layer-down applied-with-a-broom emulsion-NATO-green, do they?

Similarly, they should expect you to present the car with all trim/glass/lights/locks removed so they can do a proper masking-job.

For a Land-Rover-sized vehicle I'd be expecting to pay at least £500 in materials. Plus a couple of days labour. And time in the low-bake oven.

Say £1500 minimum.

Plus VAT.

--Tanuki.

I am taking most of the paint off due to camo finish causing ripples etc which would show clealy on respray, so nothing for their paint to react to...

i think i will do it the old fashioned way and use a roller