Rear Corner Cappings

I'm about to put new rear corner cappings on and am not sure if they need sticking on as well as rivets.

Should I use a non setting bedding sealant like this?

http://www.thegluepeople.co.uk/v1/html/seamseal_cv.html

or should I use tiger seal?

I was heading in the tiger seal direction but I have read that if you get it in the wrong places you are in trouble and also if you want to remove the cappings in a year or two it will be next to impossible.

Some sage advice is needed.

Thanks

That's the reason mine had to come off.

Road spray was being jetted up between the capping and the body and then coming in through the light fitting.

You might be right in saying a few bits of regular silicon sealant around the rivet holes and light fittings may be more appropriate.

I was worried that tiger seal was over kill.

As above - silicone will be a real nuisance. A bead of Dumdum would be ideal. Make sure the aluminium of the tub is well painted before fitting the new caping to prevent it touching the steel - it'll help keep the corrosion that so badly afflicts the 300Tdi and TD5 vehicles at bay.

I put a layer of bitumen tape onto my tub, then a layer of tiger seal then riveted the cappings on. Can't say I'm worried about them being hard to get off, last ones lasted 25 years of abuse... Far future me can worry about that problem :P