How hard would it be to lift a 250kg fly press??

reb78

Looks heavy enough, that is one of the stronger types as it has two legs, obviously that limits access a bit but does mean you can get more power into it without the frame distorting. What size is the gap between the legs?

Looks a nice bit of kit.

I'll measure up the gap later, but i reckon at least 8-10 inches from the tip of the press to the table and probably 15ish inches between the legs.

The only thing missing seems to be the bolt to hold the big swing arm on - i suspect this wont matter too much if it sits tight in on its key, but it would be nice to fasten it on. Just need to work out the thread on the top now.

Just to finish this thread off. I got it out of the 110 last night (only took a week!). My god, it was heavy! Very glad I bought the crane for this as I;ve no idea how we would have done it otherwise!

This is a pic of it with the top arm on sat in my garage door. Its next to my size 11 welly to give a little perspective!

post-12362-0-83375500-1371800346_thumb.jpg

That looks like a really nice flypress! I think you might need to beef up your workbench a bit though! ;)

Si

Thanks Si. £85 for it - i didnt think that seemed bad given the price for some of the smaller ones on ebay. If nothing else, its just a really nice looking ornament :)

Yeah - it'd crash straight through that workbench! I need to replace the whole thing really. I'm hoping it will last me until i find somewhere with a nice a barn that i can kit out properly!

Just to finish this thread off. I got it out of the 110 last night (only took a week!). My god, it was heavy! Very glad I bought the crane for this as I;ve no idea how we would have done it otherwise!

This is a pic of it with the top arm on sat in my garage door. Its next to my size 11 welly to give a little perspective!

attachicon.gifIMAG0672.jpg

Looks brilliant Richard.

Just in case space becomes an issue in the meantime, I have seen the top arm pared off each side and threaded to take an elbow and re-attached so that the weights hang down either side of the screw-jack. I think they use waterpipe elbows or something similar. I am sure Simon would know.

Happy new bigboys toy!!

Barry

• 2 weeks later...
Just in case space becomes an issue in the meantime, I have seen the top arm pared off each side and threaded to take an elbow and re-attached so that the weights hang down either side of the screw-jack. I think they use waterpipe elbows or something similar. I am sure Simon would know.

You could just shorten the arms for the weights (sleeve with a bit of tube). They look quite long to me! If you need more welly than the short arms provide, add more weight!

Most also have a handle which sticks down from the end of the bar to swing it by. This gives you a bit more control if you are just lightly tapping something - like when you are using it to fix your LapTop.

Si

That is a beaut :)

Take the long arm / bal;ls assemble off and make a shiorter one, use the shorter one where you can and then when you need "Properfcloutlike" use the original

Make sure that is bolted down, the "Spin N whack" is all wonderfull until the entire ensemble moves to fall over / off bench

Been there **** myself :)

N