Defender electric windows.

I am hoping to fit leccy windows to my 110 using LR parts. The regulators and window clips are easy, but what door panels do I need? Part no would be useful.

Also has anyone got a wiring diagram for fitting said windows?

Hi,

I believe the door panels/cards are the same, you just need to find a bung to fill in the hole of the window winder.

I also have a drivers electric window, which I haven't fitted yet, but have tried it using a 12v power supply. There's three wires; ones earth and the other two are up and down.

Steve

I am hoping to fit leccy windows to my 110 using LR parts. The regulators and window clips are easy, but what door panels do I need? Part no would be useful.

Also has anyone got a wiring diagram for fitting said windows?

You can download the Defender 2002MY Wiring Diagram, here - http://www.landroverweb.com/Pdf-files/Defender%20MY2002%20Wiring%20Diagram.pdf

Hi,

I believe the door panels/cards are the same, you just need to find a bung to fill in the hole of the window winder.

I also have a drivers electric window, which I haven't fitted yet, but have tried it using a 12v power supply. There's three wires; ones earth and the other two are up and down.

Steve

There are different door cards for doors with and without electric windows.

But, as they cost a small fortune to buy new, it would be a lot cheaper to blank-off the winder holes in your existing door cards.

The Defender window motor has only two wires to it.

The factory electric windows switches are double-pole changeover, and swap polarity to the two motor connections to change its direction between up and down.

I would try and find some good flexible wire to go between the bulkhead and door, I have had to repair quite a few due to the wires fatiguing and breaking.

Will.

If you are using Land Rover electric windows regulators, you will need the factory door harnesses, as the motor connectors are not easy to obtain separately.

The door harness for just electric windows, is – LR016314

LR016314.jpg

Although, as said above, the cable is quite thin and is known for breaking.

I'm not sure that making the door harness from thicker cable would prevent this from happening, as the way the door grommet is fitted, causes the cables to bend each time the door is closed and straighten each time it's opened, which creates a stress fracture in the copper conductor.