Door seals, cheap or expensive?

I bought one from them (nearside as well) 3-4 months ago. It didn't come in a LR bag, but the fit is better than the britpart one I've got on the drivers side.

Both sides still get damp in the footwells when it rains hard though (but that could be the bottom door seals or the footwells...)

• 7 years later...
On 8/3/2013 at 4:11 PM, yalan said:

Fitted aftermarket to mine. Ok for the money but not great. They're not happy to follow the contour change and like others I've had to pluck out the 'reinforcing' core in that area to enable the door to actually shut without an almighty slam.

Can't comment on genuine but am starting to become wary of 'OEM' for 2 reasons.... firstly who says that is true, and secondly, like with brake pads, one company can make several versions of the same thing quality wise. Genuine porsche pads are not the same as aftermarket textar pads for porsche..... Just because they're made in the same factory doesn't necessarily mean much.....

"I've had to pluck out the 'reinforcing' core in that area" - how did you do that? Cutting the seal and then gluing it?

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/5/2021 at 8:19 PM, Filipe Fonseca said:

"I've had to pluck out the 'reinforcing' core in that area" - how did you do that? Cutting the seal and then gluing it?

err well it was 9 years ago... but I think it was a pair of needle nose pliers through the tiny vent holes in the ‘bubbled’ region.

there are other threads about it where I had seen it already done!