Lights on beeper

JeffR

I think all you do is take a feed from the sidelight wire, and then earth via a door pin switch, just as the interior light does.

Any buzzer like this would do:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-12v-Miniature-Buzzer-420Hz-10cm-lead-ROHS-/390393293567?pt=UK_BOI_Electrical_Components_Supplies_ET&hash=item5ae540eaff

Maplin with have them on the shelf I'd imagine, if you are close to one.

Other alternative is to wire is such that the buzzer sounds when you have the ignition off and lights on, or even engine not running and lights on, but then I think you'd need a relay, but not exactly hard :)

Both your alternatives are the same thing, the standard circuit (lights on open the door buzzer sounds) the buzzer u show is ok and will do the job but some Piezo sounders have a better tone so will sound a bit better or even a micro sounder with a bit of electronics to give u a two tone sound ...posh :D

300 series 'lights on' sounds when the door is opened but the key is still in the ignition switch, remove the key and turn off the lights and it's silent, switch off the lights but leave the key in and open the door u will get a 'key in' warning sound, the ignition switch has a micro switch.