New to LR4x4

Rangy35

Hi all,

I could not find a specific place for introductions where I could introduce myself.........maybe I also missed it.

So here goes.......I love Land Rovers......well whom doesn't and even those that say the hate them are all in denial, I own a Range Rover Classic 1986 four door, she had spent the last 12 years sitting in the middle of a paddock with no protection year in and out. So when I went and fetched her she looked sad.

I have been slowly restoring her and doing some modifications to suit my needs, I am about 2/3's through the mechanical side. Then its the body and interior, then the painting.

Cheers

Rangy35

Welcome to both the forum and congratulations on being a Land Rover fan, worst of all an old Range Rover Classic fan. Welcome to the madhouse.

"My name is Duncan. I have been addicted to Land Rovers and especially Range Rovers since a very early age. I am still in the daily habit of repairing them, driving them, researching parts, looking on ebay for bits etc. I currently have 2 RRC's and lots of parts scattered around the garden, garage, loft, and my spare room. One day I might be free."

If you don't like welding yet, you soon will do! LOL

Hi Duncan.........thanx for the welcome.

Mmmmm I dont get the welding bit?? Unless you mean manufacturing nice goodies.......rock sliders, winch bumpers, roof rack......oooo I so want to copy a camel trophy roof rack, unless someone on here has one lying around and it is posible for me to lay my hands on it.

Beside the fact that she sat for 12 years there is not anything on her that is rotten, a small bit of rust in the battery area, and nothing serious anywhere......but I still have to remove the interior, maybe there is something there.

I dont know if I would be able to load photos yet as I am still going through the screening procedure.

Hi Duncan.........thanx for the welcome. Mmmmm I dont get the welding bit??

You will in time.....

If you do have a rot free Range Rover Classic you are VERY lucky.

As for posting photos, have you read this about posting photos yet?

http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=6786

Why don't you start a thread about your car(s) in the members section?

I currently have 2 RRC's and lots of parts scattered around the garden, garage, loft, and my spare room. One day I might be free."

Rangy35

Welcome to the madhouse. Dunc you are an amateur.since my wife left I now have the garage. bedrooms, kitchen and living room with Landy stuff in. My youngest son is upset that he cannot get into his bedroom because of a couple of P38 interiors :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: