03'TD5 Drivers door lock dilemma !!!!

weekendpikey

Hi ,I am a new member and was wondering if anyone can help me? The drivers door lock on my TD5 locks with the Central locking but when opening the vehicle I have to turn the key to unlock the drivers side .All the other locks work fine on the central locking but yesterday I was unable to unlock the door so I had to clamber over the passenger seat to open the door.

I took it to a Land Rover nut friend of mine who took of the door card an lock only to find a rod that connects the key barrel to the catch had broken.I can only describe it as being 10 cms long with what looks like a large convex Phillips head screwhead at one end and a small hole drilled approx. 1 cm from the end of the other through which the barrel is connected by a split collar.Does anyone know where I can locate one please? I would be most grateful.

Many Thanks

Terry

Hi Cwazy,If you look at the door handle picture its the part that looks like a rod coming from the back of the key barrel and looks at the end like a dog smiling !!!!!

I must stop drinking this beer but I hope you can see what I mean.It is maybe No 3 but the description is in Russian I think ????

Although descriptions are in Russian you can just use the part number in google to find out what the bits are, unfortunately number 3 is just the gasket part.

It looks like the 'smiley dog' is only available as part of the whole handle :( Assuming we are talking the right hand door it's CXB103000H but put the beer in your hand before you look at the price :blink: The 6 inch nail and dremel seems like a good route to go.

Hi ,I am a new member and was wondering if anyone can help me? The drivers door lock on my TD5 locks with the Central locking but when opening the vehicle I have to turn the key to unlock the drivers side .All the other locks work fine on the central locking but yesterday I was unable to unlock the door so I had to clamber over the passenger seat to open the door.

I took it to a Land Rover nut friend of mine who took of the door card an lock only to find a rod that connects the key barrel to the catch had broken.I can only describe it as being 10 cms long with what looks like a large convex Phillips head screwhead at one end and a small hole drilled approx. 1 cm from the end of the other through which the barrel is connected by a split collar.Does anyone know where I can locate one please? I would be most grateful.

Many Thanks

Terry

IMO that rod has nothing to do with the central locking, when you lock/unlock with fob a motor and a 'snake' is involved, you need a new latch assy(actuator)...simple as that ... see this http://www.landroversonly.com/forums/f40/door-lock-actuator-rebuilt-51914/#post392435