Spring Lower Cups

AdeParko

I'm needing to replace the lower spring cups on my 300tdi, but when trying to collate a list of new parts required including nuts and bolts, I cant seem to find if theres a nut and washer required beneath the cup?

caexic1a.gif

The diagram on the misrocat shows bolt 7, and washer 8 above the cup, but nothing below

Can anyone please help?

Thank

Ade

the lower nuts are captive [welded] to the axle bracket the spring base bolts too. the area marked in orange circle

look up from the floor & you'll see 2 nuts on each bracket, if they are not there, suitable nylock nuts & washers will do the same job.

post-20-0-54534200-1381079626_thumb.gif

Because they are captive it's a spring washer, but it was a locktab on my early RRC. (history lesson as well :) )

I'd start pre-oiling them with something penetrating before you strip it, even though mine came out okay. If they do strip the threads, I think there is enough room to get a nut below the old nut.

It's normally the shock that gives me trouble. This week I wound up drilling the nut through a flat, starting with a small drill. This weakened it enough to expand and let go. It was just too floppy to split with a chisel :(

Then I had to find a nut, and I seem to have shocks with; 1/2" unf, M12 fine thread, and a pair that could be 5/8 unf?

• 2 weeks later...

The Lakes' watershed is quite small by area if one measures only the landmass that drains into them. The Ohio/Mississippi Rivers' watershed at its northern most apexes comes within several miles of lakes Erie and Michigan. That is why it is so easy to divert water from the lakes into the Mississippi's drain basin.

Thanks.