Waterproof Elecrical connectors

As the header says.

I had a good lookie at the VWP last night for the wiring bits I needed, and B*gger, they have stopped the waterproof connctors they used to do.... :angry: said they have stopped cos they were expensive :( they weren't that much FFS.....

The little chaps were fantastic, like a short fat cigar, with 2 parts that plugged into a rubber centre piece, all waterppf and neat - but they no longer do them - or anything else suitable for thicker wiresd (say 3mm OD).

So, anyone know where I can get decent waterproof connectors ?

Links would be good, need to have 2 wires in each of them (for the fan wiring)

Nige

http://www.bulgin.co.uk/Products/Buccaneer/Buccaneer.html

hard to see how tape is a bodge.

what do you think covers the rest of the loom on your car and the soldered joints for earth connections?

why not go to a scrap yard collect the wiring form a vehicles electric fan including said waterproof connectors then do the joining elsewhere

ie inside the vehicle

BTW sitting in gloop for ages on Saturday engine ticking over just lovely no heat issues

or burnt hands on bonnet.

ps nice to see some Diesel engined wing vents fitted :)

Fridge, I am pretty sure they are only rated for ~1A. I think nige is looking for something for the big power that the fans need... Those ones are certainly still available, cos I ordered some last week!

Incidentally, they are cheaper here: Zackfords

Mark

Yipppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :D

I found one in the garage when I was looking for something else, had RISTS on it, found a supplier at here :

http://www.premierwiring.co.uk/Home/home/About-us

Anyone used them, they seem a lot cheaper than VWP, the connectors (C**p piccie) is under connectors RISTS section, they are superb...

Anyone know of the compnaies service ?

Nige

If they're Rists then it may be as well to snap them up - I think I'm right in saying that Rists (of Accrington) was taken over by a firm in Stoke-on-Trent and the name subsequentally dropped. VWP dropped the Rists products a while ago.

The "Church Window" connectors were used on Minis and early Metros, the later ones went over to the flimsy waterproof types.

It is possible to re-use the old Metro types, the pins can be pushed out of the housings with a bit drilled-out 3/16 brakepipe, open the crimp on the pins that grips the insulation and cut the wire next to the conductor crimp. Don't attempt to uncrimp the conductor.

Solder the new wire on, crimp the insualtion and cover with heatshrink if you want. Then just push the pin back into the housing.