Land Rover Freelander 2 review

mikem

"Land Rover Freelander was the vehicle to invent the premium compact SUV. While already a classic, the British off-roader goes completely new with a second generation. It may be more of an evolution than a revolution in design, but it was completely reengineered from the ground up. Ready to redefine the segment it has invented, the Land Rover Freelander 2 comes with a dynamic design, purposeful stance, smart and spacious interior, and an abundance of advanced technologies to complete the package..."

This is from an exclusive detailed review on the 2006 new Freelander 2 from Land Rover. You can read about it's design, performance and tuning recommandations, and also view a photo gallery and intro movie on the SUV.

86-6_cw.jpg

88-5_2w.jpg

89-6_2w.jpg

Read the whole article here: http://www.topspeed.com/cars/landrover/lan...-2-ar13777.html

Hope those wheels and decals remain purely for the US market! Like the way the door pillars have been coloured black like the preproduction Freelander 1 ... reminiscent of the early Disco.

Rest of the car looks nice. Tried to watch the video on the website but some dappy clack kept standing in the way.

Cheers

Blippie

The real Q is the reliability........

Which is "legendary" and for all the wrong reasons.

You can produce anything you like - if it is poorly made and unrelaible it will kill it.

mate has a new RR Sport, he is selling it as had nothing but trouble, and is buying another Lexus.

Much as tho I am a LR fan thro and thro I will freely admit that they are dreadfull on the build quality and reliability and I would never ever risk my money which is sadly why I have a (high mileage) Merc, NOTHING has gone wrong, I know of 7 people who have had freelanders on the fllet, all are sick of the problems and have sworn NEVER gain

Shame but reality check time

Nige