Finally out of the garage, under her own steam (well some of it)

Michele

Thanks!

The idea of putting her down to bits again to finish the chassis, sand/paint the body and all the modifications I have on my list almost puts me off :lol::blink:

but all I want now is to make her road legal again as soon as possible...then enjoy a 200 Km drive to a bigger place!

Hey Bill.

I was quite happy until I came back 5 mins ago after a couple of beers with a friend,

and found a message from another friend who said the engine sounds horrible and there's something wrong with it

:(

I don't know jack about Series petrol engines, but it didn't sound so horrible to me...
Anyway I didn't make it out of the exit ramp of the underground garage, and I had to floor the 109" in 1st hi to climb out,

the low range is unuseful to me :blink: and the engine is in serious need of some fine tuning I guess, maybe because of the unleaded fuel it's burning?

As to the modifications...
Here's what I've been dreaming for this one, in almost no particular order but let's say from doable to daydreaming:

0)New seats
1)Powersteering conversion (I have all the bits, just need to design/fabricate the plate for the box)

2)SPOA conversion with longer front springs

3)Disc brake conver$ion (as above, some bits I have already, just need $ for the rest)

4)Chevrolet 4.8 or 5.3 V8 Vortec with Chevy gearbox (just need to find a shipment option I can afford and to avoid Italian customs :glare: )
5)Salisbury to D60 conversion (I have a Salisbury on the floor)

6)Locker$

7)Basic rollcage

Basically I'll have to work for the rest of my life just to buy parts...

:blink:

P.S.
I forgot the custom paintjob ^_^

Hey Bill.

Basically I'll have to work for the rest of my life just to buy parts...

:blink:

Well good luck with that list Michele.

With the new Australian Government seriously considering raising the retirement age to 70 yrs, It looks like I will have to work the rest of my life and sell my assets and LandRovers just to eat !

LOL!

Well, if it can cheer you up, given the state of things in Italy I'll never see retirement...ever!

And selling old Rovers won't feed us for long!

Hence the motto "they'll never catch me alive" (literally).

Since mine can be labelled as "vapour list", no doubt, I forgot to add a big, old school mecha winch (or hydraulic, it seems I keep loosing both at Ebay no matter what).

Put me down for a set of "Longlegs competition extreme rage-of-fires +87,5% gears" for it, and I'll send you a cheque!

;)

It's the same in the UK state pension age seems to be on a taper - so that the younger you are the older you'll be.

There'll be a whole new trade in removing bodies from places of work.

On a more cheery note - that motor doesn't sound so bad to me - and well done on getting out of the garage :D

My series is still in its garage.

On a more cheery note - that motor doesn't sound so bad to me - and well done on getting out of the garage :D

Morning there, mate.

Thanks for the encouraging comment ^_^

It doesn't pull very well and the exaust (or what remains of it) crackles every now and there.

I'll check the user's manual later for some "timing" (is that the term?) how-to...

Plan is to keep the headlights where they belong: in the middle!

Where I am working now, I met a friendly Russian engineer who's a master welder (amongst other things),

so those silly holes cut in the wings will be welded shut! I also have a couple of replacement panels from Ike at Pangolin 4x4 (US), for emergency.

Top quality stuff I can recommend, they're beautifully made :i-m_so_happy:

Here she was after the video, back in the box for her first oil change since we met!

:wub:

Uh, she looks like the bride of Frankenstein, but nothing I can't fix...

post-76-0-34600000-1385288896_thumb.jpg

LOL!

Well, if it can cheer you up, given the state of things in Italy I'll never see retirement...ever!

And selling old Rovers won't feed us for long!

Hence the motto "they'll never catch me alive" (literally).

Since mine can be labelled as "vapour list", no doubt, I forgot to add a big, old school mecha winch (or hydraulic, it seems I keep loosing both at Ebay no matter what).

Put me down for a set of "Longlegs competition extreme rage-of-fires +87,5% gears" for it, and I'll send you a cheque!

;)

"Selling old Rovers won't feed us for long"

When the time comes, what I need is for some millionair LandRover enthusiast with poor eyesight to come along and make me an offer on WildFing that I can't refuse Lol,

Still following up a couple of leads on Jeep Quadratrac planetary reduction units. There are apparently a few interstate (Queensland), but will keep you posted if something turns up.

"Selling old Rovers won't feed us for long"

When the time comes, what I need is for some millionair LandRover enthusiast with poor eyesight to come along and make me an offer on WildFing that I can't refuse Lol,

Still following up a couple of leads on Jeep Quadratrac planetary reduction units. There are apparently a few interstate (Queensland), but will keep you posted if something turns up.

Should the time ever come, what I'd need is some enthusiastic girl whose father is a millionair...

Definitely keep me posted on those units, I'd love to have some exotic piece crafted by you ^_^

I think the engine needs the ignition sorting out. Keep us updated on the progress.

Daan

I think so, judging on the similar comments I received since I shared the video!

I'm trying to understand what all those little bits in the engine bay are :ph34r:

Dear Santa,

can I have my Vortec now?

Thanks...

M