CD Autochanger or Radio CD Player

Wes

Hi all. Ihave a 2002 Disco 2 with just a radio cassette player. Ive been looking for a cd autochanger to fit undwr the seat,

The wiring is all there but all the changers ive found all have the wrong connections/plugs. I would be quite happy with a Radio / Single CD player as long as I can retain the steering wheel controls. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks Wes

Has your head unit the facility to control a multi CD player, it depends on the make and model of head unit.

There's nothing to stop you fitting an aftermarket head unit, just check the units spec to see if it will interface with the steering wheel controls, if it dose then you will also require the additional patch lead to interface the two.

Hi. I am assuming so as the leads are in place under the seat and the head unit and column controls have the mode swich function.

However will do a bit more checking. Thanks for the reply.

Easy to check press the MODE button until CD is shown in the display or look in the user handbook for your unit.

I went through the same dilemma as you, cd player or multi changer for my 90; in the end went for the Bluetooth/cd/ipod/aux/usb unit and very glad I did.

More tunes available and clearer than cd, well the 800watt amps help lol.