Which top end?

Rangie46

Currently rebuilding my gems 4.0 that's going to get megasquirt, but I also have the complete intake and plenum from my other 3.9 hot wire as well, so what top end would be best to use? The 4.0 gems intake looks better IMHO but what is best for use with ms

4.0 has a much nicer waterproof TPS connector that's standard Durite etc., same as later defender tail lights if memory serves. The 3.5/3.9 ones are nasty and the wires always break/fray going into the TPS.

The 3.9 Idle valve hole is easier to utilise for PWM valve, but that's not insurmountable with the 4.0 I reckon.

I was running 3.5/3.9 mongrel but am now on a full 4.0/4.6 setup and it's fine and dandy.

4.0 has a much nicer waterproof TPS connector that's standard Durite etc., same as later defender tail lights if memory serves. The 3.5/3.9 ones are nasty and the wires always break/fray going into the TPS.

The 3.9 Idle valve hole is easier to utilise for PWM valve, but that's not insurmountable with the 4.0 I reckon.

I was running 3.5/3.9 mongrel but am now on a full 4.0/4.6 setup and it's fine and dandy.

Hmmmm fridge are you using idle control on the 4.0/4.6 setup ? Looks easy enough to graft the valve from the 3.9 to the 4.0 when comparing the two to each other

Hmmmm fridge are you using idle control on the 4.0/4.6 setup ? Looks easy enough to graft the valve from the 3.9 to the 4.0 when comparing the two to each other

As Nige says, I don't have idle control currently, I will do when I get round to fitting it which is item #273 on the to-do list :ph34r:

That depends, there's several lists... :o

And one of the items on the to-do list is "build a garage to do it all in" :unsure:

He he my garage looks like a bombs hit it, been tripping up over all sorts but if I was to clean the garage I don't think I'll ever get my engine built:-)