Log splitters

Landyrich

My preference is for vertical log splitters, mine means I can sit down at while splitting and it reduces lifting required for large pieces.

Interesting you say that but if its vertical either your table is on the floor and you have to bend down a lot or the table is waste height and you still have to lift it, I've used both and would prefer to lift than to bend

My table is on the floor so rather than bend lots I sit on a round or two of wood. Depending on the size of the rounds I may raise the height I'm splitting at by placing a nice block of wood on the table. Works well for me with the splitter I have.

EDIT: Found a picture of a mate using my splitter ... although he seems to have stacked a few rounds on the table.

post-25689-0-19141600-1391378009_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone made one? I have a spare briggs and stratton engine, but what else would I need to make a splitter? I can make the metal frame etc, but I'm guessing I'd need to put some sort of hydraulic system together?

Flow fit online probably ur best place to get a hydraulic adaptor for the engine. Mines here http://bit.ly/1eJzYEQ any questions you need to know just ask

I've just started building a pto pump powered splitter , when there is something to look at I'll post some pics

That Bobcat firewood processor attachment is pretty cool , but I bet the price isn't

Have a look on Mowersdirect.com at the self powered splitters for some inspiration too

cheers

Steveb