Top end power loss

Cal

I feel like my disco is lacking some power at the moment - seems OK off the mark but it seems to struggle to get over 60mph or keep its speed up a slope that it used to be fine on.

It's recently had new filters, one new injector, new lift pump, a good once over and the pipes from the sender unit seem OK.

What else should I check? I'm thinking maybe get all injectors checked but am worried it could be something worse. :angry:

Thanks

I will have to check them - it did have the timing belt done recently, but I did ask for that to be checked when it was in recently - I assume it was done...

I've got silicon hoses so they shouldn't be collapsing, but I guess the hose from the air box could be in a bad way as I haven't checked that yet.

Thanks Tonk

I'm not sure how to check the boost myself, but that was on my list soon anyway to get the fuelling and boost upped as have fitted an uprated intercooler.

Will check those other hoses as well.

Thanks

It seems a bit slow throught the revs in 3rd and 4th in particular.

At one stage I did think there could have been air getting into the system, but if it is, I don't know where from.

I was thinking of getting a new sender unit and maybe injectors to totally rule these out, but will check as much pipe work as possible before spending more money on it.

Am reaching the point of getting fed up with spending more and more on it just for something else to go wrong, but guess I will have to get used to that if I want to be a landy owner! ;-)

It seems a bit slow throught the revs in 3rd and 4th in particular.

At one stage I did think there could have been air getting into the system, but if it is, I don't know where from.

I was thinking of getting a new sender unit and maybe injectors to totally rule these out, but will check as much pipe work as possible before spending more money on it.

Am reaching the point of getting fed up with spending more and more on it just for something else to go wrong, but guess I will have to get used to that if I want to be a landy owner! ;-)

when mine was like this i replaced the fuel filter, this fixed it straight away, no matter how much i stuck my foot through the floor it wouldnt pass 60 mph.

sorry to change the subject but wot does blanking off the egr with a plate actually do ?

the fuel pipes on top of the fueltank often rot letting air into the system.

i had a similar problem a while ago, it was sand in the fuel tank. turns out the breather is nice & low & where i'd got stuck in dirty water it'd sucked loads up. sand/mud+diesel=thick goo that blocks the pickup.

Sounds like not enough fuel. If the vehicle has been serviced regularly it is not normally the diesel filter but the lift pump going south (slowly). Not expensive to change one luckily. Remember to either buy new unions and olives, or you can saw the pipes off the old pump and reuse the unions, but not the olives.