Disco hand brake disc brake conversion

Boydie

When I carry out my conversion in a couple of weeks (ZF4HP22 Auto to R380 manual 5 speed) I'm thinking of importing and fitting one of the XWorks disc brake hand brake units, can anyone who has installed one help with any "pro's and con's" as to if it's worth the expence and what problems - if any - I might experience?

The problems I've had with the current set-up is dust, water and mud, after deep river crossings, of which North Queensland and the Northern Territory has many, and dust crossing our deserts (we have a powder called "Bull Dust" and it gets in every crack and cranny) the drum brake set-up leaves a lot to be desired, especially if your partner insists on wanting to stop on a steep incline to get that essential photo, quite often I have to turn off the motor and leave it in gear to assist the hand brake in holding the Disco stationary.