Injector seals woes... HELP!

I am doing the injector seals and O rings job on my car but I am kind of stuck now.

The new seals are genuine LR part but they wouldn't go past the mid point on the injector nozzles. Am I doing anything wrong? I have cleaned the tip using fine sand paper and there's no carbon left on the tips but that's not helping. I tried forcing them a little but to no joy.

Don't want to damage any thing since nothing is available here.... got these from Dubai as well.

Do I place the washers in the head first then install injector and use the clamp to seat them in place by tightening the bolt? Is that the correct way? Would that damage anything?

Also, I washed the injectors with petrol... is that okay??2. How do I clean the red socket.. what and how to use?

How do I clean the whole loom.. from the injector socket to the red socket?
How do clean the MAP sensor.. what and how to use?
My glow plug sockets were very brittle and I broke all 4 of them while removing them.... whats the fix?

Please help!

post-9121-0-86440300-1395236013_thumb.jpg

post-9121-0-84469300-1395236078_thumb.jpg

post-9121-0-29329800-1395236136_thumb.jpg

When I did mine on my 300Tdi they would not slide on if even slight cocked on the end of the injector. Are you sure they will not go down ? We did put them the hole first and then changed to doing them on the end of the injector. They don't fall off due to the extreme tolerance of the hole in the seal. As I said if it was even slightly cocked then it didn't fall off so going on is the same. They need to be square on the tip to slide on. I would suggest a little bit of force when tightening as you suggested by putting them in the hole first would be OK. (Careful of the hole in the tip !!!)

Also you didn't touch the tip when cleaning them did you ? The hole is very easy to damage and should not be touched. The spray pattern will be damaged if you did. Cleaning with petrol is OK. Make sure they are dry.

part numbers are correct for a TD5.

Only help I can offer.

When I did mine on my 300Tdi they would not slide on if even slight cocked on the end of the injector. Are you sure they will not go down ? We did put them the hole first and then changed to doing them on the end of the injector. They don't fall off due to the extreme tolerance of the hole in the seal. As I said if it was even slightly cocked then it didn't fall off so going on is the same. They need to be square on the tip to slide on. I would suggest a little bit of force when tightening as you suggested by putting them in the hole first would be OK. (Careful of the hole in the tip !!!)

Also you didn't touch the tip when cleaning them did you ? The hole is very easy to damage and should not be touched. The spray pattern will be damaged if you did. Cleaning with petrol is OK. Make sure they are dry.

part numbers are correct for a TD5.

Only help I can offer.

Thanks! I will put them in the head first and then tighten them with the injector clamp.

I did touch the tip of the injectors... cleaned the carbon of with fine sand paper using light pressure.

The picture on the left, is there a white plastic part in the threaded side of the brass fitting? if yes it goes in the rear of the four fittings on top of the filter, closest to you, and the black plastic bit fits in the front furthest from you in side the brass fitting, you have to remove it and renew the part if there is one in there, if not fit it.