90" 4 door build

most likely the best comprimise between keeping a nice round wheelbase number (88-109, 110-90 etc) whilst raiding the existing RRC parts bin for stuff.

wouldnt surprise me if the propshafts that they had found lying about were what dictated the wheelbase in all honesty

At one stage I was going to build a 100 four door, the rear doors are pretty small, if you ignore the bike in the forground you can see where the tape was on the tub for the door cut out, and also the shape and size of the door marked out on the front door. This is marked out on a 88 tub, I have no idea what the wheelbase is. A 90 is probably getting too small to have a door that looks anything like a landy door. Maybe if you went pillar-less with a suicide rear like the Mazda RX-8 you might be able to get something to work.

IMG_8445.jpg

Regards 4 door 90

Stumbled across this the other day

Now I don't profess to know what it is but maybe some of you more ejookatid chaps could work it out :D

So this looks to have the rear door cut down on the front end leaving the rear standard. I was thinking I would cut the wheel-arch into the door as per disco/RR.

No there is not much space but I think I can work around that in part by moding the rear of the front seat box so feet can fit under the front seats as per disco. Anyway if I can gets some pics up I'll be away.

TD

IMG 20140330 135305

Ok, so pic 1 is the donner body, and no its not LR OEM, its a 110 cab chassis that has been coach-built in NZ.

IMG 20140330 151930

IMG 20140330 151923

Pic 2-3 is the proposed door cut, not sure if I need to go to the top line or not as yet.

IMG 20140330 141157

Pic 4 is just a reference shot.

IMG 20140330 142219

Pic 5 is the proposed wheel arch end point, meaning the front edge of the wheel arch. the nail is about it.

Photo0039

Pic 6 is the donner chassis.

Hope that sheds some light on things.

TD

• 1 month later...

I'm doing something similar with a 110 van body, making a station wagon out of it but I'll be leaving the body panels covering where the second row doors would be, riveting them on to the c post outer so it will still look a bit van'ish from the outside. I will put rear doors on it at some time but they are a bit too expensive for the moment to get a good set.

I did toy with the idea of getting some series front doors and cutting them down to fit the space but its a bit of a faff.

(My Landy will eventually be a 5 door soft top with the rear load space doubling as sleeping quarters and storage.)

Working out where to cut is gonna be a bit of a job, and I only have one go at it. Scary stuff!

Good luck old son.

Eric