clutch pedal

DD, What gearbox do you have in your Land rover?, If it's a LT77 box then you can use a later 300 tdi defender/td5 pedal box assembly and that'll make your clutch easier to use on your truck.

John

all pre defender 90/110 had a different spring arrangement, but the pedal assembly from a later Defender will bolt straight in, my 1989 110 had a 300tdi clutch pedal fitted back in mid '94, it makes driving/gear changes in heavy traffic much more user friendly

it's a 1987 defender 90, with a 200tdi engine and gear box out of discovery 1992, which I put in about 4 years ago, the gear lever sits further back than normal, so if I get a 300tdi clutch pedal put it straight in and I bleed the clutch, dd

There's also a mod available for the clutch return spring as per the Puma

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stage1v8/Technical110PedalMods.htm

That mod just fits the parts fitted as standard to the 300Tdi pedal referred to above.

I swapped my pedal for a 300Tdi one with helper spring a short while back but can't say I have noticed a massive difference to be honest! I suppose it hasn't made it any harder!

That mod just fits the parts fitted as standard to the 300Tdi pedal referred to above.

I swapped my pedal for a 300Tdi one with helper spring a short while back but can't say I have noticed a massive difference to be honest! I suppose it hasn't made it any harder!

Not standard on my 1998 300Tdi. Mine has the single return spring to the body.

page 476 is the pre 300tdi pedal assembly in http://www.retroanaconda.com/landrover/parts_books/110/6_vehicle_controls_brakes_fuel_air_p472-579.pdf

& page 477 is 300tdi onwards assembly.

the later unit came out with 300tdi mine was fitted in mid 1994 so any vehicle after that should have the 2nd type fitted, if not it's been swapped out for the older version.

the later unit came out with 300tdi mine was fitted in mid 1994 so any vehicle after that should have the 2nd type fitted, if not it's been swapped out for the older version.

Am surprised. Mine is a '98 300 CSW - previous owner had it from 2000 and kept every single bill and receipt. Record of changing wiper blades and similar, but nothing about putting in a torsion spring. It's on my list to change, but not a priority.