2002 Discovery II - Radio Code

Anglo-Frenchman

Hi,

I've just replaced the steering wheel volume control and disconnected the battery because I had to remove the air bag and didn't want it going off in my face. Long story short, the radio (photo attached) now needs it's code - which sadly I don't have.

I've done a bit of web research and there is differing opinion about how to deal with this. I have tried entering a couple of codes such as 0000 or 1234 but neither worked and just locked me out for longer each time. Before I properly stuff it up, I wondered whether there is some clever way to get it going or if it's a case of going to a dealer (who I never use because their parts cost the equiavalent of 3rd World debt) and asking them nicely.

Thanks in anticipation!

post-1058-0-17589300-1408776482_thumb.jpg

Hi. I'm happy to report that after emailing LR NZ, they rang me at 0830 the following morning and provided me with the 4 digit code for my radio AND my EKA number which I also did not have - free of charge. My faith is restored in the marque. Mind you I stil refused to pay over NZ$1000 for a fuel pump which I bought on UK Ebay for 55UKP + 10 quid carriage.