CSW event change of site and date

RJL

not many std class in there then, DSN should be in the top 3 std then!

You trying to suggest I will only get in top 3 if less than 4 people competing?! ;) Cheeky g1t, I'm trying to find my own class to compete in so I come 1st! ;)

Russ, I can do setting up on Saturday too if you want???? I feel the need to be a complete person I'm not that keen on! :D

Should be all done by then got 30 out last sun but thanks and I will speak to you in the week before.

Russ

Well we now have 20, if any entrants on here could please mail me with full name and which class they are in it would be handy.

Entries so far

James

Tony

Dan Need

Jason Farr

Shaun Harris

Nick Walker

Steve 90

Frank Buddle

Martin Hounsell

Dereck Hounsell

Richard Morgan

Roger Shaddick

Martin Gilpin

Simon Hensley

Mike Holiday

Pete Tossal

Keith knight

Simon Elvins

Gary Johns

Paul Rodgers

Thanks Russ rlowton@btjenkins.co.uk

A few questions

-will we be able to camp at the site on the Saturday night?

-is anyone else planning on coming down Saturday and if so what arrangements have you made?

-is there a pub near the site if camping is allowed?

Cheers

Mark

Sorry no camping at site, I will try to sort somewhere nearby and put up tomorrow.

Russ

A few questions

-will we be able to camp at the site on the Saturday night?

-is anyone else planning on coming down Saturday and if so what arrangements have you made?

-is there a pub near the site if camping is allowed?

Cheers

Mark

Whats all this??????? I think I got a bad back coming on, you better get looking for B&B's.......... although the close to a pub bit is spot on!:D

I would be interested in knowing of any B&B/camping nearby as will probably do that option as well. Did look at B&B near JST but all booked up so probably just get down near the site Saturday night.

If anyone gets any info, please post on here or drop me a PM.

Cheers,

I got goose pimples looking at the picture of the bathroom on their website!!!!

Rather take my chances with the back of the car!

Its alright for you pikey, there aint much room to sleep when you have a tray back 90! Anyone had any sucess booking B&B! There's no chance im camping looking at the weather!!!!!!!!

Hope you all had a good day!

Some good photos on www.challengesouthwest.co.uk and go to gallery.

Post up results later.

Cheers Russ

Had a good day. Good site, nice punches, good driver, good vehicle - my own stupid fault my timekeeping was so carp we missed SS2.

What stopped it from being a great day was the attitude/idiocy of a select few competitors who failed to comprehend that when another team are 'on' a punch then it is polite and safe to wait your bl**dy turn, not barge in, operating within the winch danger area just to attempt the punch. Sorry to Russ, big thanks for the hard work and all that but guys like that should be kicked off site - when (not if) they get hurt or god forbid killed due to thier stupidity then it's the rest of us that will pay.

Despite that, I would happily attend another CSW event, either as a marshal or as a biatch for Nick.

Cheers to Russ and crew

Good site Russ , Plenty of room for everyone .

The SS were excellent , Had a bit of trouble finding a few of the punches, but found em all in the end .

Must make a change to be giving the trophys instead of recieving them eh Russ :D

Cheers to Russ ,Lewis and all the marshalls for sorting an excellent event.

Good Day/Good Site with more potential

few car probs played havoc with our attempt at the Special stage

1/2 way round about to climb a reasonable slope and the throttle cable snapped, awkwardly we managed to get the car up the slope on tickover

but had to DNF as there was no way we could have got round the rest of the stage.

20mins later and we were running again with a bodge repair that gave us about 2/3 of the throttle operation.

snapped the plasma rope twice once pulling it sideways the second a flint rock cut it dropping the car down a big slope luckily the rear winch which we were using to pull the back across saved a far greater drop :(

after the initial rope breakage we tied the hook on and on one drop (see pic 1) I decided a safety line was called for in case the knot let go..

David the thing you mention re people pushing in and taking no care of safety was a repeat of the same thing we suffered with at an event near Tiverton earlier this year. I'd wager it was the same person.

in the end I had to tell the co driver to sod off as there was no was he was going to push in and walk below James's car whilst it was dangling on a winch rope.

I agree such actions should see people warned and ultimately sent from the site before someone is hurt.

anyway this shouldn't put a cloud over a good day out

post-5-1164627479_thumb.jpg

post-5-1164627524_thumb.jpg

I dont blame you for rigging up a safety line on that punch Tony , It was a long way down ,I had thoughts at the time if my rope let go while lowering over .Bit Brown trousers.

Did any one loose a highlift jack ? we saw one led on the ground just above SS 1 .

What stopped it from being a great day was the attitude/idiocy of a select few competitors who failed to comprehend that when another team are 'on' a punch then it is polite and safe to wait your bl**dy turn, not barge in, operating within the winch danger area just to attempt the punch. Sorry to Russ, big thanks for the hard work and all that but guys like that should be kicked off site - when (not if) they get hurt or god forbid killed due to thier stupidity then it's the rest of us that will pay.

Its madness on such a tight site,

Some people are so impatiant, Why not wait or go off and do other punches.

I think these individuals should be named and shamed.

P.s Its not me I hope?

Russ,

cheers to you and Lewis and rest of your team for a cracking morning on an excellent site with some great punches. Thank you.

Unfortunately i had to retire early (in fact very early) at about 1115 we left the site. lost two teeth of the rear diff pinion and sheared off the trailing arm bracket on the rear axle, all fixed yesterday afternoon then ripped the mid part of the exhaust out today, well hopefully thats my three out of the way anyway!

sorry wont be able to join you for the Christmas jaunt but see you Jan for my event and the night event.

Its madness on such a tight site,

Some people are so impatiant, Why not wait or go off and do other punches.

I think these individuals should be named and shamed.

P.s Its not me I hope?

Were you the blokes in the 90 tray back that kept sharing punch location with us? If so it definatley wasn't you! :lol: