front seat suspension?

Hi folks...help needed here.....has anybody replaced the static drivers front seat with a seat with either mechanical or air suspension.........such as: http://www.kdrseating.com/products/?m=2&p=2 .............................i dont want to get rid of my defender so this option is a last attempt to solve my backacke.........does anybody know if this is legal?any help is most appreciated!

i have thought about this a lot being on leaf springs. first thing i would do is check the stroke, last thing you want is to come over a bump off road and the seat to project you into the roof of the truck. you should be able to limit the up travel though if that is the case.

if i didnt have a fool tank under my seat it would be very high on the to do list. i would pull the seatbox though and "flat floor" it rolling some beads into the sheet ali used and adding supporting members to eliminate any drumming and then add a load of lead matting.

Being a machine operator, this is one of the wish list items for my camper build.... but I intend to keep the tank where it is under the seat and put a similar one under the misses seat.... I can understand your pain both of us me and my misses are looking at back surgery in the future these are the options I'm considering

A short travel suspension seat.... like the stratos seats

http://www.stratos.com.au/Page/ltss-system

Or if the cost of getting a pair of these posted over is too much a low profile suspension base like this

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200487876_200487876

These or a version of this is available at most agri tractor workshops and at just 1 3/4" tall is worth considering

I'm not certain about all tanks the ones I have still leave a bit of room above the tank i was planing on making a set of new seat box's that cut this to the minimum and worst case trim the top off the drivers tank... just so I can keep the seat low, I sit tall and being a series have a low top to the windscreen lol passanger tank is yet to be made (stainless water tank) so I'll make it as is dictated

I fitted a pair of Bostrom saxon thinline suspension seats a few decades ago into a series 11a 109 , but it was a marginal fitment , and they were an approved landrover accessory. The big problem is seat squab height due to seatbase level in a landrover . They took big jolts out but they are no where near as comfy as a truck suspension seat due to restricted travel . So value for money and effectiveness would be very limited in my opinion . HTSH

I had this insane brain wave of connecting seat squab to runners with small steel cable in all four corners and then suspending it using a cycle inner tube? primitive air suspension I suppose :banned:

Ok back to work after that brain fart :lol: