rot/mot fail?

Joe67

if i click pictures they still show, dam... mines has had floor pannels, sills done before by previous owners, not sure why those parts were left..

after seeing your pictures am now expecting to find more rot then first thought there was..

The bottom of the "A" post is for sure, the rot in the rear door frame will be too, the rear wheel arch also, not easy to do at all and as always, it's not until you start cutting it out you really find out how bad it is.

Teaching yourself to weld is one thing but doing it on structural stuff is something else, not being condescending there, it's just that I have had hundreds of hours welding and seem to learn something new or different every time I arc up.

hi first thing you have to do is A are you going to keep[ the vehicle,

B is it worth repairing ,like how well has it been repaired in the past ,i will be honest here ive seen some really poor repairs in my time spap a plate and couple of welds and hay presto ,

C do not start something then halfway say im fed up alot of people do that ,i recently broke a 200 could of been repaired ,but idiots had owned it and i just kept finding bodgery so broke it ,

estimate exactly where the rot is get a book write it all down,then estimate cost of either panels or plating ,

take off the rear bumper and have a good look at rear crossmember youll have a good idea and good look at boot floor ,on my last truck ,yeah it was replaced

but v poorly as the rest of the boot floor rotted due to bad fitting no sealing seam sealer paint/waxoil i would also say have a look at each body mount and take off plastic sills and have a look at the engine bays just to know what your infor good luck it nice to do it your self but its not easy

Yes, and get some flat plate to repair the panel behind it too, most likely you'll be able to put your finger through it somewhere.

If you need to cut the door post through then be sure to fit bracing as you will have seen in one of my pictures, it ensures the door post does not shift or settle and the doors clse as they should when finished :)