Give advice

OK, that must surely be a replacement engine then!

I can only suggest you find a Land Rover Discovery HP22 automatic transmission and fit that. As for making your engine go faster, a 3.9 cam, skim the heads to gain some of the compression back and refurbish the carburettors and you will have a good engine.

If you want more power, fit Megasquirt as above, you would get probably 155BHP + out of it them, assuming in good order.

OK, that must surely be a replacement engine then!

I can only suggest you find a Land Rover Discovery HP22 automatic transmission and fit that. As for making your engine go faster, a 3.9 cam, skim the heads to gain some of the compression back and refurbish the carburettors and you will have a good engine.

If you want more power, fit Megasquirt as above, you would get probably 155BHP + out of it them, assuming in good

Land Rover Discovery HP22 automatic transmission- How to bridge the control of the engine ?

Low compression is bad for power, good for bad fuel.

Going from carbs to EFI gains power, MPG, reliability, and nicer driving. If you go Megasquirt & EDIS you replace the distributor with coil packs which helps greatly with wet conditions / wading.

Bowie: Did I miss something? Why should he fit a 4HP22?

Factory 3.5's (Ninety/One Ten) use Strombergs not SU's. They are all low CR as far as I know, unless something was different for export markets.

If you have a 3.5 on SU's, then it isn't factory stock in a 90.

Err I can assure you that is not quite correct .....

My 90 v8 3.5 has Su carbs. I think they were standard fit meant from about 84 onwards

I can also confirm that mine never had the restrictor plates in them but that does explain why there was the poorer hp rating in the manual than the 135 Bhp rating for the v8 3.5 with Su carbs with I think it was 8.13:1 compression ratio

Original question was about fitting an auto:

To save anyone else putting that into google translate, here it is.

Hello everyone!

Guys, I'm from Ukraine itself and come to you here with this question: I have a Defender 3.5 v8, and I want him to put in an automatic transmission. Help advice with which to pick.
Sorry for my English!

Low compression is bad for power, good for bad fuel.

Going from carbs to EFI gains power, MPG, reliability, and nicer driving. If you go Megasquirt & EDIS you replace the distributor with coil packs which helps greatly with wet conditions / wading.

I understand ! My car refused to go on a low- octane fuel ! In our country, a lot of bad gasoline engine and feels

• 1 month later...