Stonehenge tunnel

DrRob

.....if any of it happens I'd be amazed .......it's elections in May so tis the

season of wondrous promises of ££££'s on roads / healthcare/ education/ net immigration reduction

and so on and so on

and what will happen ? bu66er all

...not cynical in anyway

Steveb

At Hindhead they put the A3 into a tunnel under the Punch Bowl area, if I remember correctly when the proposals came out they were going to add a short length of new byway to link up some of the ones in the area that were about to become dead ends due to the decommissioning of the old A3 alignment. Not been laning that way for years so no idea if they actually did it or not. Used to be a few good ones in that area.

At Hindhead they put the A3 into a tunnel under the Punch Bowl area, if I remember correctly when the proposals came out they were going to add a short length of new byway to link up some of the ones in the area that were about to become dead ends due to the decommissioning of the old A3 alignment. Not been laning that way for years so no idea if they actually did it or not. Used to be a few good ones in that area.

Yes. They did link them up, quite nicely......must get back up there once my bad back is sorted!

• Like 2

They're claiming it's going to be signed off before the election which is even more cleaver. If another party get in and then pull out of the schemes they will have to pay any penalties agreed by this government so they can be criticised for it, if they go ahead and it doesn't go to plan they can be criticised for overspends, delays, traffic problems, etc etc but if conservative get in regardless of any problems they can say look what we have delivered for you.

They're also promising other infrastructure schemes like water and housing. One of our customers is over the moon as they manufacture products for all of the above sectors in England and NI but their based in NI. Theres a proposition bringing NI more inline with ROI on various factors so his corporation tax will go from 21% to 12.5%! Win Win for them!