new toy, 72 bobtail

Hi guys thought id put this up here, my new toy but theres bits i dont like + ill be changing

Its a 72 bobtail which was what ive been after for a while but this was won on ebay for very much the right price, £837

Came with ramsey winch

Salisbury rear axle

Rear ARB locker + ARB compressor

X-brake handbrake

265 special tracks

4" lift

2" bodylift

Mot'd till feb

few other bits but well well worth the money

Rear tailgate has been removed + replaced with a flat sheet of chequer plate with spare wheel which I despise so a tailgate will be refitted + spare will come off + probably go inside

Rear crossmember has been made with the centre of a series crossmember which is also horrible so ill be going along the lines of the d44 range rover with rear winch

Front winvh bumber will come off as I have a nice scorpion 8274 bumper from years ago, an 8274 will end up in the front but for the time being there will be a lowline winch up front

The 3.5 carb engine is lifeless + tired so im picking up a 4.0 serp from a p38 which will end up megasquirted when fitted

There things like rear springs have no spring seats just clamped down to a flat plate on the axle, so ive ordered seats

Trailing arms are standard so ive got some cranked ones to go on as well as some gwyn lewis challenge shock mounts, disc type spring retainers, upper spring relocators with hooks + +5.5 shocks

All in all though im very happy, better get busy as im out in it on 21st :-)

Cheers guys, started on the gwyn lewis bits today, previous owner had made his own relocation cones which the right side was welded in + the left was bolted in + fitted from the top before the fuel tank wad fitted + it wouldnt fit through spring hanger

All in all i got half as much done as i should have, this is the downside with buying something non standard, ill get some pics of tomorrow